Posted: July 3rd, 2018
Location: Vancouver, BC
Are you looking to change the world?
Do you thrive on asking questions to uncover the hidden drivers, goals, and needs?
Get excited by structure, planning, procedures and all the tiny details?
Are you the glue helping to support a visionary, high-performing and fast-paced team?
If this sounds like you, then you might just be the one we are looking for to grow our team
Spring Operations Coordinator
Spring is a global community and certified B-Corporation that empowers high growth entrepreneurs build better businesses and change the world. Through Leader’s Roundtables, workshops and community events, we provide the tools, mentorship, network and community needed to grow and fund mission-driven ventures. Based in Gastown, Vancouver, we provide action-oriented, impactful and collaborative connections, such that to date we have supported over 800 entrepreneurs, helped build 300 companies, contributed to the growth of over 250 jobs and through our funding programs enabled early-stage ventures to raise over $13 million. We are also a global community and have a rich network of over 10 city partners in amazing locations such as Belgrade, Manila, Lagos, San Jose (Costa Rica), and Seattle to name a few!
As the Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for a wide variety of project, process, administrative, team, and office duties in support of Spring’s Vancouver base. Daily, this includes supporting the team, helping to schedule meetings/events and supporting on the execution of key projects and tasks that help contribute to a culture of operational excellence. Beyond, its about being the face of all things operational, supporting the creation and execution of an agile and robust internal backbone to help Spring in its mission of changing the world through entrepreneurship.
Key Objectives of this Position
- Leading and supporting the smooth running of key operational areas including: roundtables, workshops, programs and events (scheduling, logistics, follow ups, etc)
- Leading the admission and support process (Startup Visa, future programs as required)
- Supporting the onboarding processes for new clients
- Supporting team meeting preparations and materials
- Assisting reporting requirements (company KPI’s, impact metrics, B-corp etc)
- Being a primary point of contact for prospective entrepreneurs, mentors and partners;
- Directing inquiries to appropriate team member/contacts;
- Helping partner relationship development ( tracking metrics, outcomes, planning)
- Contributing to global partnerships (onboarding, community building and engagement)
- Supporting ecosystem projects (e.g. impact tools/resources database)
- Researching on relevant trends (global tech+impact ecosystems)
- Managing support for satellite locations
- Passionate desire for operations and execution
- Attention to detail like you’re Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie rolled into one
- Great initiative with strong and diligent decision making ability
- A “can-do, roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Post secondary education in some capacity (business administration or similar)
- Relevant experience in a customer service, project or office administration role (2+years)
- Prior entrepreneur or startup experience would be great
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with shifting priorities
- Robust technology tools skills ( Microsoft Office, social media platforms, CRM systems)
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while changing the world
This is a permanent, full-time position at Vancouver, BC and reports to our Chief Impact Officer. It consists of a regular schedule with occasional flex hours depending on business requirements. In addition to a competitive salary, Spring offers an extended health benefits package, training and technology allowance, and 3 weeks starting vacation.
How to Apply
Please be sure to submit a complete application with your resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter, by July 18th 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review applications as they are received and really look forward to hearing from you. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates receiving serious consideration will be contacted.