WIN $10,000 TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Join the Build Back Better Challenge to learn skills that will help you grow your business, and submit your new growth plan for a chance to win a $10,000 prize!
1. Receive the help you need
Free instant access to video masterclasses, case studies, and live Q&As with experts. Designed to equip you with new business skills and tools to thrive!
2. Create your new growth plan
Based on what you’ve learned, assess the status of your business. What changes do you plan to implement? What are the expected outcomes and costs associated? How can your business become a force for good?
3. Submit for a chance to win $10,000
Results will be announced on January 30th, 2021. All participants will get access to a free 1-on-1 mentoring call with our entrepreneurs in residence.
What is in the Business Resilience Program?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Build Back Better Challenge is a newly-established grant fund to help entrepreneurs and business owners in various communities across British Columbia to invest in growth initiatives. The challenge is designed to equip businesses with new skills to thrive through the completion of a free online learning Business Resilience Program. The prizes include:
- $10,000 cash prize for the best growth plan submitted.
- Exclusive to businesses on Sunshine Coast: $1,000 Sunshine Coast Champion cash prize for the second best growth plan submitted.
- Exclusive to businesses in Squamish: An annual membership with the Squamish Chamber of Commerce, valued at approximately $176-$526 depending on the size of the business. Already a member? Apply your prize to next year’s dues!
- Exclusive to businesses in Campbell River: A half-page ad featuring your business on Strathcona Collective, valued at $880.
- Be a registered company in British Columbia (Partnership, Corporation, Cooperative, Registered Not For Profit, or Registered Charity)
- Have enrolled in the Business Resilience Program (access is free for members of numerous communities in British Columbia), click here to enroll. The deadline to enroll is December 30th, 2020.
- Have viewed at least 5 masterclasses in the Business Resilience Program by January 15th, 2021.
- Your growth plan and/or business must address at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Click here to enroll in the Business Resilience Program right now. The deadline to enroll is December 30th, 2020.
- Watch at least 5 masterclasses in the Business Resilience Program by January 15th, 2021.
- Submit your business growth plan. The deadline is January 15th, 2021.
Results will be announced on January 30th, 2021.
Find out about Program terms and conditions here.
The business plan will ask for:
- Your current opportunities / challenges
- Topics in the Business Resilience Program that you found particularly helpful and how they will help you grow your business
- Your growth plan with changes you plan to or have started to implement
- How the grant funding will be used and expected outcomes
- How does your plan and/or business fulfill at least one UN Sustainable Development Goal
Applications will be assessed on the quality of responses and thoroughness of your business plan.
Free Access to Business Resilience Program
We partner with the following communities and credit unions to provide FREE access for their business owners, entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders!
Can’t find your community or credit union?
Access the Business Resilience Program for just $18/month.
Want to bring the business resilience program to your community?
This online course is designed specifically for donors, funders, incubators, accelerators, and government institutions to offer the support needed when businesses face an economic downturn.