- This event has passed.
Capital Raising For Entrepreneurs
August 28, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
Spring Activator, founded by Keith Ippel (Invoke Media, Hootsuite, Invoke Labs) and Bonnie Foley-Wong (Pique Ventures, Vancity, Deloitte), will be hosting this afternoon intensive workshop on Thursday, August 28. Spring is commited to accelerating the growth of startups, as well as educating both entreprenerus and investors in best practices for social venture.
Capital Raising for Entrepreneurs provides attendees with the tools and knowledge to align with strategic investors, raise capital, and grow their business.
Key topics covered in this afternoon workshop include:
- Goals of fundraising.
- Why investors invest.
- Control and anti-dilution.
- Types of investors: friends & family, angels, venture capital, debt.
- Stages of investment: seed, series A, exit.
- Key types of investment: equity, convertible debt.
- Non-dilutive funding sources.
- Getting to know your numbers AND your impact.