- This event has passed.
Get the Scoop on Equity Crowdfunding
June 25, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
What is equity crowdfunding? How does it affect me as an entrepreneur and/or investor? How much can I raise via equity crowdfunding? What are the biggest risks and opportunities I should be aware of?
You may have heard that Canada has recently changed their policies on raising capital via equity crowdfunding…that is, the average person can now invest in startups. This announcement has launched a wave of questions, so we’re hosting a panel to discuss the implications for investors and entrepreneurs, alike.
A varied panel of investors, entrepreneurs, financial and legal experts will weigh in on the matter. This is a talk you won’t want to miss!
- Bonnie Foley-Wong (Co-Founder, Spring Activator; Founder, Pique Venture Investments)
- John Keserich (Partner, BDO)
- Peter-Paul van Hoeken (Founder & CEO, FrontFundr)
- Praveen Varshney (Director, Varshney Capital Corp.)
- Lindsay Clark (Associate Lawyer, Larbarge Weinstein)