ENTREPRENEURS: Perfect your pitch and compete for a chance to win $100,000 in investment.
Fundraising can be a daunting task, but it’s quite often essential for fuelling growth in your startup. The Impact Investor Challenge is designed to help you learn the ins and outs of fundraising while creating a unique relationship with 20 early-stage impact investors.
If selected, you’ll join investors in the fall of 2020 for in-person workshops where you’ll learn how to position your purpose-driven company to take on the right type of capital. At the end of the program, you’ll have the opportunity to negotiate directly with participating investors for a chance to win up to $100,000 in investments.
The program kicks off early September with orientation and pitches from the top 20 pre-screened impact companies. Once the final 5 companies are chosen by the investor cohort, the 8-week program will run Tuesday evenings from 5-8 pm in downtown Vancouver.
The Impact Challenge will give you and intimate perspective on the decision-making process for impact investors and leave you with a network of local impact investors, key players in the Vancouver startup ecosystem, and emerging mission-driven companies.
Investing in Impact
- Investing in uncertain times: mitigating the pandemic & what that means for your round - Understanding investor’s Impact Thesis; Finding great investors for you - How is Impact Measured and what that means for your business
How Investors Select Investment Opportunities
- What investors look for when evaluating startups. - How Investors evaluate the market opportunity, business and team
- What type of alternative returns can impact companies offer investors? - How to position your business for an exit - What does the investment opportunity look like for the investors? When can they expect a return by investing in you?
- The basic due diligence process. - Negotiations and paperwork.
"The Impact Challenge gave me the opportunity to exercise my professional skills in more ways than I could have imagined."
Alison Carr – Co-Founder & COO of NADA
* Companies are expected to have representation from the founding team at each session
All company application fees have been waived due the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications close on July 31, 2020.
You will be notified of your selection status shortly after.