Weekly Funding Roundup: Feb 2, 2018
1. Diversity, and accountability, in VC Funds
2. The global movement for funds and startups: Sub-Saharan Africa
3. Practical advice once you raise your round
4. Calling all Vancouver CleanTech Companies to pitch at the Globe Conference
Virtual Workshop: Funding101 – Understanding How To Raise Capital From Investors And Alternative Options
Enter the world of capital raising and enhance your understanding of the tools, resources, and process of raising growth capital for your business. Spring has mentored countless startups through capital raising, and we’ll showcase tips and tricks on how to be strategic in your investment-seeking process.
Key topics covered in this workshop include:
- Process and stages of fundraising
- Types of investors: friends & family, angels, venture capital, debt
- Key types of investment: equity, convertible debt and non-dilutive funding sources
- Tips on getting investor ready
Other Upcoming Events
February 27 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm PST
Keith Ippel, CEO and Co-Founder @ Spring
With over 15 years experience as a leader in technology-centric businesses, Keith has accelerated the growth of both small and large companies, launched new products, and raised over $20m in angel investment and venture capital. He has an unparalleled ability to collaborate with entrepreneurs, employees, and investors to deliver amazing products to the market. Keith is passionate about creating opportunities that previously did not exist for people and co-founded Spring to bring that into the social venture space.