WIN $10,000 TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS
Join the Growth Challenge to learn skills that will help you grow your business, and submit your new growth plan for a chance to win a $10,000 prize!
1. Receive the help you need
Free access to video masterclasses, case studies and live Q&A's with experts. Thoughtfully designed to equip you with new business skills and tools to thrive.
2. Create your new growth plan
Based on what you’ve learned, assess the status of your business. What changes do you plan to implement? What are the expected outcomes and associated costs? How can your business become a force for good?
3. Submit a growth plan for a chance to win $10,000
Results will be announced on December 15, 2021. All participants will get access to a free 1-on-1 mentoring call with our entrepreneurs in residence.
What is in the Business Resilience Program?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Business Resilience Program is a curated selection of masterclasses, tips and interviews with successful entrepreneurs. The program also hosts Q&A webinars, bootcamps and workshops, in line with our mission to equip entrepreneurs with new skills and knowledge to grow their businesses successfully. To this end, we have partnered with Communities and Credit Unions to offer the program for free. To find out if you are a member of our partner credit unions and communities and/or to enroll in the program, you can do so here.
The Growth Challenge is a newly-established grant fund to help entrepreneurs and business owners in various communities across British Columbia to invest in growth initiatives. The challenge is designed to equip businesses with new skills to thrive through the completion of a free online learning program. The prizes include:
- Champion Prize: a $10,000 cash prize for the best application and growth plan submitted
- Gold Winner Prize: an HR audit and consulting package with Entreflow Consulting Group
- Silver Winner Prize: an audit and consultation package with RW Digital that can be applied towards your choice of one of the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Female Founder Special Prize: an Entrepreneur in Residence pass for a year at One Space for All.
- Campbell River Special Prize: $450 Social Media & Content Package with Like a Voss for the best growth plan submitted from a member of the Campbell River community. The Package involves:
- A deep analysis into accounts
- 1 hour of consulting to cover recommendations on how to improve content on each channel and be consistent to create a community around the brand
- 1 hour of design time, to create content determined in the consulting session (example: Instagram refresh, FB cover photo + profile photo, or graphics for sharing on all channels).
- All participants will have the opportunity to be featured in Spring’s special edition newsletter!
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a registered company in British Columbia (Partnership, Corporation, Cooperative, Registered Not For Profit, or Registered Charity)
- Have enrolled in the Business Resilience Program (access is free for members of numerous communities in British Columbia and available at $18/month subscription to non-members), click here to enroll.
- Have viewed at least 5 masterclasses in the Business Resilience Program by November 19th, 2021.
- Submit a growth plan that address at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Enroll in the Business Resilience Program. Click here to enroll in the Business Resilience Program if you have not already.
- Watch at least 5 masterclasses* in the Business Resilience Program by November 19th, 2021.
- Submit your business growth plan. The updated deadline for submission is November 26th, 2021. Results will be announced on December 15th, 2021
*All courses in the program are considered masterclasses including webinar recordings.
The application will ask for:
- Your current opportunities / challenges
- Topics in the Business Resilience Program that you found particularly helpful and how they will help you grow your business
- Your growth plan with changes you plan to or have started to implement
- How the grant funding will be used and expected outcomes
- How your plan and/or business fulfills at least one UN Sustainable Development Goal
Applications will be assessed on the quality of responses and thoroughness of the submitted business growth plan.
The Growth Challenge is brought you courtesy of the Business Resilience Program and our Partners. Enrolling in the Business Resilience Program grants you access to the masterclass courses that are a mandatory part of the application process. As a reminder, you will need to view at least 5 masterclasses in the Business Resilience Program (ALL courses in the program are considered Masterclasses including webinar recordings).
If you do not belong to any of our partner communities or unions, you can still enrol for $18/month. The subscription is recurring and you can cancel your subscription anytime by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Free Access to Business Resilience Program
We partner with the following communities and credit unions to provide FREE access exclusively for their business owners, entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders. If you belong to any of these communities and credit unions, sign up for FREE today!
Can’t find your community or credit union?
Access the Business Resilience Program for just $18/month.
Want to bring the business resilience program to your community?
This online course is designed specifically for donors, funders, incubators, accelerators, and government institutions to offer the support needed when businesses face an economic downturn.