People Operations Manager
Spring, based in Vancouver (Canada), is a leader in developing early stage impact entrepreneurs and impact investors to realize our mission of changing the world through innovation.
We do this by supporting early-stage impact entrepreneurs to be investment ready and growing impact investment communities, directly and in collaboration with ecosystem partners around the world.
We are at an exciting stage of growth and are looking for a People Operations Manager to create the impact-driven environment and processes that will enable Spring to scale sustainably.
What will you do?
Reporting to the CEO, the People Operations Manager responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Championing a healthy, values-based culture at Spring.
- Leading the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of people systems including individual goal setting and performance measurement metrics as well as talent development programs and activities.
- Creating systems and establishing processes, metrics, and tools to ensure that organizational capabilities are able to meet future strategic objectives.
- Ensuring these systems, initiatives and policies engage and leverage each employee’s strengths, whilst building a diverse, inclusive and impact-driven culture, in which the team can thrive.
- Embedding these at both the company and individual levels as we grow a distributed, international team in 2021 and beyond.
- Coaching and empowering the team to deliver their individual level work plans and targets, in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and values.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to provide training and development opportunities to Spring employees.
- Collaborating with the CEO to create job descriptions, recruit and interview for new team members; leading the on-boarding and off-boarding experience at Spring.
- Keep up to date on compensation market trends to advise on Total Rewards Strategy.
- Own all things Occupational Health & Safety to ensure all our offices are compliant with WorkSafe guidelines.
Is this the right fit for you?
This role is ideal if you:
- Have a passion for impact.
- Are an experienced people manager looking to lead the development and implementation of company-wide processes and tools to enable the team to realize an ambitious plan for international growth over the next 3 years.
- Have experience, and thrive, in a fast-paced, growth oriented business.
- Lead business transformation through influence and team building.
- Have experience coaching managers to leverage their strengths and skills; and those of their colleagues.
- Are comfortable and confident delivering candid feedback and creating an open and safe environment for others to do so too.
- Are a hands-on, action-oriented manager, who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with a high level of responsibility.
- Are a proactive problem solver and initiative taker, comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Enjoy building detailed plans from big picture strategy; developing and implementing these from scratch.
You must also:
- Have 3+ years of relevant people management and organizational development experience.
- You have relevant post-secondary education in Human Resources or have equivalent experience.
- Be familiar with Canadian and Provincial employment law.
- Have worked with service-based businesses.
- Have experience managing geographically distributed and virtual teams.
- Be able to legally work in Canada; and attend in person team meetings in Vancouver (post COVID!).
We’re open to exploring a Part Time (3 days/wk) or Full Time role, ideally starting before 15th January 2021; our priority is finding the right person!
- FT Gross Salary of up to CAD$85k, depending on experience
- Bonus plan
- Personal healthcare, technology and learning & development budgets
Sound like you? Here’s how to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV/ resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Making the world a better place includes you.
As we focus on driving world-changing innovation, we strive to support and celebrate the diverse voices of this planet.
Spring believes in championing change through all perspectives, living with respect and integrity toward others, and being in community with mindfulness and compassion in our personal lives, business, and beyond.
No matter where you’re from, how you identify, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to join us on this journey.